The Department of Justice’s (DOJ’s) Office of Justice Programs (OJP) and the Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS’s) Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) have partnered to sponsor a webinar introducing correctional leaders and allied stakeholders to the opportunities available under the new Medicaid Reentry Section 1115 demonstration opportunity to support transition-related strategies, pre-release services, and community reentry. Representatives from CMCS will provide an overview and walk-through of key considerations included in the new guidance released in April 2023. Given the critical role of corrections in the development and implementation of this demonstration opportunity, representatives from OJP will discuss the opportunities this presents for correctional leaders to increase pre-release planning and reentry services.
From Corrections to Community Webinar: Learning Objectives
- Identify key opportunities for covering pre-release services under the demonstration opportunity and how the demonstration can support continuity of care for individuals with physical and behavioral health needs during reentry
- Learn about potential benefits from the demonstration opportunity, including for corrections agencies and for people incarcerated and reentering into the community
- Nancy Kirchner, Technical Director, CMCS, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS
- Ruby Qazilbash, Deputy Director, Bureau of Justice Assistance, DOJ
- Hallie Fader Towe, Interim Director, Behavior Health, The Council of State Governments Justice Center
To view additional information, please visit the event page to learn more.
SNAPS Mailing List Subscription
Stay up to date on HUD’s SNAPS news and updates for grantees and interested stakeholders:
- Sign up for SNAPS Competition Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Program Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Technical Assistance Information through the HUD Exchange