About the Youth Action Board
Communities around the country are creating Youth Action Boards (YABs) that bring youth voice to the forefront of their continuum of care strategic planning processes. The YAB is comprised of young Escambia and Santa Rosa County residents (18-24) with lived experience of homelessness and young allies.
Opening Doors Northwest Florida is committed to ending youth homelessness through a coordinated effort, as a key stakeholder of this community you are invited and encouraged to provide leadership and guidance to these young leaders.
What can YOU do?
- Start by meeting the YAB, they are eager to know you!
- Invest professional development such as project management and/or public speaking.
- Trainings: Stress management, sexual violence awareness, anti-oppression, and other topics.
- Sponsor meetings and events.
- Raise Awareness; news articles, video’s, printing services.