FY 2023 Shelter and Services Program Description
The Shelter and Services Program (SSP) makes available federal funds to eligible recipients and subrecipients for costs associated with providing shelter and other eligible services to noncitizen migrants who have been encountered and released by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Recipients of SSP may also seek grant funds for renovations or costs associated with modifications to existing facilities in support of individuals who have recently been released from the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The priority of SSP is the safe, orderly, and humane release of noncitizen migrants from DHS short-term holding facilities, and the objectives are to provide funding to non-federal entities that serve noncitizen migrants recently released from DHS custody to temporarily provide shelter, food, transportation, acute medical care, personal hygiene supplies, and labor necessary to manage cases to provide these services; and to provide funding to non-federal entities to increase their capacity to temporarily shelter noncitizen migrants recently released from DHS custody, including renovations and modifications to existing facilities.
Applicants can submit applications for this funding opportunity through FEMA Grants Outcomes (GO). Access the system at https://go.fema.gov/.
Grant Posted Date – June 12, 2023
Closing Date – July 12, 2023
Estimated Total Funding – $363,800,000
Expected number of wards – 34
Cost Sharing or Matching – NO
FY 2023 Shelter and Services Program Eligible Applicants
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- City or township governments
- State governments
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- County governments
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Link to Additional Information: firstname.lastname@example.org