Escambia County will launch the Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program Wednesday, July 20. The program is designed to provide assistance for homeowners struggling to pay mortgages or utilities due to COVID-19. Funded under the Community Development Block Grant Corona Virus Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program, eligible households may receive assistance of up to but not exceeding three (3) months’ costs, or $8,000.00. Visit MyEscambia.com/EMAP to learn more.
Emergency mortgage assistance may be provided to eligible Escambia County residents and families under the following conditions:
- The property must not be listed for sale
- The household must have been financially impacted by COVID-19
- The homeowner must have homestead exemption
- The property must be located in Escambia County outside of the City of Pensacola limits
- The household must not have received additional mortgage assistance
Payments will be made directly to the lending institutions and utility companies. In order to apply for the program, residents must provide documentation to determine eligibility, including qualifying COVID-19 impact or financial hardship; proof of identification for applicant/co-applicant and all household members over 18; and current proof of income for all household members. Households will be able to apply for mortgage assistance beginning Wednesday, July 20. Visit here for additional program requirements.
Citizens may use the computers at the following public libraries to complete their application:
- Southwest Library – 12248 Gulf Beach Highway, Pensacola
- Pensacola Library – 239 N. Spring St., Pensacola
- Westside Library – 1301 W. Gregory St., Pensacola
- Tryon Library – 1200 Langley Ave., Pensacola
- Genealogy Library – 5740 N. Ninth Ave., Pensacola
- Molino Library – 6450-A Hwy. 95A, Molino
- Century Library – 7991 N. Century Blvd., Century
Once the portal opens, a call center will be available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. central time at 850-595-0022. Questions can also be answered via email at EMAP@MyEscambia.com. To make an appointment for in-person application assistance, please call 850-595-0022.