Escambia County has just opened our Opioid Abatement Funding Survey TODAY!
Funding is intended to be used for programs that will benefit the community. The four main categories are identified to help address the opioid epidemic:
- Criminal justice: Prevention efforts with monitoring drug trafficking, treatment in jail or prison, and, upon release, referral to treatment after release; drug courts that by require services or treatment as a condition of probation;
- Harm reduction: Support efforts to prevent or reduce overdose deaths or other opioid-related harms through evidence-based or evidence-informed programs or strategies;
- Prevention: Strategies to prevent all levels of substance use, including services for individuals, families, communities, and general society; and
- Treatment and recovery: Designed to help people stop using substances, remain sober and drug free, improve health and wellness, and strive to reach their full potential. Recovery is a lifelong process.
Attached is the Abatement Funding Survey that can be filled out in the following ways:
- Printed, filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scan the QR code on the application and complete it on your phone.
- Visit the online survey at – Opioid Abatement Funding Survey (myescambia.com)
SURVEY OPEN UNTIL WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 20TH
For more information on these funds you can visit our website at Opioid Abatement Funding Advisory Board (myescambia.com)